Let me introduce you to ..Ryan Matthew Smith ,the lead lensman and photo editor behind the forthcoming book "Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking.
A few notes about Ryan Matthew Smith & the book Modernist Cuisine
- He graduated from the Art Institute of Seattle in 2007
- Since 2007 Ryan has been employed at intellectual Ventures in Bellevue , WA as digital imaging Editor and Photographer
- Modernist Cuisine is currently scheduled for release March 14, 2011
- He used a Canon 5D Mark II with zoom and macro lenses to create "minimalist, high contrast imagery that really pops off the page."
- The small team of food stylists and cooks were generally led by chef Maxime Bilet
- Building the sets, shooting the food and finally editing the photos was a three year process in total
- It's a meticulously photographed book that demonstrates the full Art form of cooking.
"From compositing several individual exposures for one enticing cutaway shot of hamburgers on a grill to shooting a lineup of eggs with a 308 sniper rifle at 6200 frames per second, Smith masterfully executed and edited the cookbook's selection of images down from the 1,400 he shot."
The Art and Science of Cooking will sell online starting 14 March 2011.